The new theater building by Gottfried Semper and Karl Hasenauer opened on Ring – After 130 years of use was on 14/10/1888 – after fourteen years of construction. The first electrically lit monumental buildings that attracted considerable attention – although technical stage and acoustic defaults that were eliminated in 1897. The former court theater was handed over the administration of the state.Although the house since 1919 simply “Burgtheater” is, has survived intact on its sides, and on the back the old inscription “KK Hofburgtheater”.